Open Records Request Procedures
Maysville Public Schools complies with the Oklahoma Open Records Act. MPS records are available for public viewing and copying, except for records that are confidential under state and federal laws.
If the requestor selects to inspect documents under the Open Records Act; the documents must be kept in the order in which they were provided. Use of writing instruments while reviewing District documents is prohibited. The requestor must designate the records to be copied with the use of paper markers, post-it notes, or other non-destructive means.
The following fee schedule will be used with copying or scanning documents:
- $0.25 per page for records having the dimensions of 8 1/2 by 14 inches or smaller.
- $1.00 per copied page for a certified copy.
- Copies of other media shall be the actual cost of reproduction including labor.
MHS reserves the right to charge a search fee if the information requested requires an excessive disruption of the essential functions of District staff.
- $25 per hour search fee for commercial requests or those that cause an excessive disruption of office functions.
- $35 per hour labor fee when computer programming or computer processing time is required.
All fees for copies and delivery costs must be paid by check or money order before documents are provided. Payments may be made and delivered to:
Maysville Public Schools
– Attn. Open Records Request Payment
600 First Street
Maysville, OK 73057
Please Note: AN OPEN RECORDS REQUEST FOR HIGH SCHOOL TRANSCRIPTS AND JOB VACANCIES IS NOT REQUIRED. Please get in touch with the high school officeOpen Records Request Form.docx for transcript information and Mrs. Hatfield or Mrs. Kesler will be in contact. Please contact by phone at (405)867-4410.