Chickasaw Nation COVID - 19 Emergency Rental Assistance Program
A new Chickasaw Nation program, the Emergency Rental Assistance (ERA) Program, offers relief to Chickasaw households and landlords around the country who have been adversely impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The ERA Program is designed to provide rent and utility assistance to eligible Chickasaw households who have experienced financial hardship directly or indirectly due to COVID-19. An application for assistance may be submitted by an eligible household or a Chickasaw landlord may submit a referral on behalf of an eligible household. Funds will be paid directly to landlords and utility service providers.
- Current, future and/or past due rent
- Current and/or past due utilities and home energy costs for tenant household
- Other expenses related to housing
- Chickasaw citizen renter/tenant, tenant households where a Chickasaw citizen lives or any household that leases/rents property from a Chickasaw citizen landlord
- Tenant has a household income at or below 80% of the area median; and
- Demonstrates a risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability; and
- Households who have experienced a negative financial impact directly or indirectly due to COVID-19, including, but not limited to, an income loss or reduction or an increase in expenses, i.e. food, child care, medical bills, etc.
For more information or to complete an application or referral online, visit Chickasaw.net/ERAP. If you have questions or would like to speak to an ERA Program team member, email ERAP@Chickasaw.net or call (580) 757-9064 or (888) 895-7979.
This project is being supported, in whole or in part, by federal award number ERA0453 and ERA0795 awarded to the Chickasaw Nation by the U.S. Department of the Treasury.